A new Scottish law bars government agencies from putting the Shetland Islands in a box on maps. The islands are about 150 miles from the Scottish mainland. Mapmakers say putting the islands in a box allow them to create maps that don’t waste space representing water. Shetland residents complain the practice minimizes the difficulties they face living so far from the mainland.
- The Real Truth Behind Kanye West and Donald Trump
- Rep. Justin Amash Cosponsors Bill to Halt Saudi Arms Sales Over Missing Journalist
- Libertarian Gubernatorial Candidates Making Things Harder for…Democrats?
- Environmentalists Flip Out Over San Diego’s Plans To Erect an 80-Foot-Tall, $975,000 Straw Statue
- Trump Beat Stormy Daniels’ Defamation Claim With a Law Aimed at Rich Bullies Like Him