A federal appeals court has reinstated a lawsuit filed by Fior Pichardo de Veloz agaisnt the Miami-Dade County, Florida, jail doctor and nurse. The two insisted that Pichardo, who had been arrested on drug charges, be booked into the jail as a man, declaring she was transgender, even though a strip search had shown she was a woman. The officer who did the strip search protested to her supervisors, but they said they had no choice but to go with what the doctor said. Pichardo was held in a cell with about 40 men until her relatives found out where she was and demanded another exam, which showed she was a woman.
- WATCH ‘Putin’s cars’ race & drift in snowy Russian fields
- Poo patrol: China demands Mt Everest tourists carry ALL of their waste & shuts it down for cleanup
- Spain, struggling to rebury dictator Franco, hands ultimatum to his family
- West ‘starts listening to Russia’: Lavrov says Europeans want better relations after Munich talks
- New Jersey Court Strikes Down Use of Eminent Domain to Take Property to “Bank” it for Possible Future Use