A federal appeals court has reinstated a lawsuit filed by Fior Pichardo de Veloz agaisnt the Miami-Dade County, Florida, jail doctor and nurse. The two insisted that Pichardo, who had been arrested on drug charges, be booked into the jail as a man, declaring she was transgender, even though a strip search had shown she was a woman. The officer who did the strip search protested to her supervisors, but they said they had no choice but to go with what the doctor said. Pichardo was held in a cell with about 40 men until her relatives found out where she was and demanded another exam, which showed she was a woman.
- Kim ‘sending me a signal’? Trump shares in N. Korea’s mocking of ‘Swampman Joe Bidan’
- Pope Francis says abortion is like ‘hiring a hitman’ amid heartbeat law protests splitting US
- Thousands of Israelis protest immunity bill that would shield Netanyahu from indictment (PHOTOS)
- Redacted Tonight takes on corporations claiming to support women & funding abortion ban enthusiasts
- Should Netflix’s 13 Reasons be held responsible for teen suicide spike or should grown-ups own it?