A federal appeals court has reinstated a lawsuit filed by Fior Pichardo de Veloz agaisnt the Miami-Dade County, Florida, jail doctor and nurse. The two insisted that Pichardo, who had been arrested on drug charges, be booked into the jail as a man, declaring she was transgender, even though a strip search had shown she was a woman. The officer who did the strip search protested to her supervisors, but they said they had no choice but to go with what the doctor said. Pichardo was held in a cell with about 40 men until her relatives found out where she was and demanded another exam, which showed she was a woman.
- European Court of Justice rules Britain free to revoke Brexit unilaterally
- Mobile phones are insecure as ‘walls have ears’ but TV is OK, Russia intel chief says
- Money for bombs but not for aid? Millions of Iraqis destitute 1yr after victory over ISIS (VIDEO)
- Acting PM Pashinyan’s bloc gets over 70% of vote in Armenian parliamentary elections – CEC
- VIDEO of Russian Foreign Intel Spetsnaz training shown for the 1st time on TV