San Juan County, Washington, Superior Court Judge Donald Eaton dismissed assault and trespassing charges against a man after finding Sheriff Ron Krebs manipulated a courtroom camera to view a defense attorney’s notes as well as a juror’s notebook. A court official had noticed courtroom cameras, which are normally stationary, tilting towards attorneys’ tables. Krebs said the manipulation of the cameras was inadvertent and that it was related to security concerns about the defendant.
- Brickbat: Respect Our Authority
- India rolls out red carpet for companies leaving China due to trade war with US
- The golden asteroid that could make everyone on Earth a billionaire
- US official hints at excluding Seoul from intel on North Korea over Huawei
- ‘Purely disgusting:’ Eric Trump blasts woman who SPIT on him at Chicago cocktail bar