Now that Trump has declassified the Obamagate documents, it’s no crime to publish them unredacted and complete. What that requires is one or more people willing to do that and who have access to the documents. This set of possible legalized whistleblowers would seem to include Barr, Durham and any of their investigators, plus others who may have partial access. Publication now is somewhat analogous to a court’s discovery procedures in which both sides have knowledge of possible evidence. They could publish the documents without prejudice to potential prosecutions. Indeed, it’s judicially ethical. Are there a few people left with the integrity and guts to do now what is legally permissible by virtue of Trump’s statement? Are there any patriots left in the Department of Justice? Are there any heroes and heroines?
- Fifth Circuit Speaks Out Against Campus Speech Codes (in University of Texas Case)
- ‘Get the f**k out!’ Philadelphia protesters chase away Jewish men from rally, calling them ‘Synagogue of Satan’
- Trump-Russia tall tales traced to ‘drunk’ and disgruntled Russian, childhood friend of UK spy Steele’s primary source – report
- Not All Animals Are Equal, and Some Are More Equal Than Others
- A Big Tech Hearing As Pointless and Performative As Every Other One